Proposed Florida Retired Educators Association 2015 – 2016 Legislative Priorities
- Support Legislation designed to provide adequate and equitable funding for public education in Florida.
- Advocate for an annual 3 percent Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for all members of the FRS.
- Monitor the Florida Retirement System (FRS) Trust Fund, especially for:
a. Attempts to divert FRS funds from the purpose prescribed by the Florida Constitution and Statutes and
b. Management of the FRS Trust Fund for the security and profitability of its investments
c. Legislation to fully fund the Florida Retirement System
- Work to insure that new hires have the opportunity to choose between a pension (defined benefit) and an investment (defined contribution) retirement plan
- Maintain the Florida Retirement System Health Insurance Subsidy (HIS) Trust Fund and work to acquire additional increments to maintain parity with the increasing cost of health insurance.
- Support all legislative efforts to make affordable quality health care, and the ability to plan for long term financial available for all Americans